Oh rah!

on 07 September 2007

JMJ

Yippee!!! I finally got an email from one of my Marines...ironically, enough it was the last one I took on. It really is a relief to have some contact. I have been flying blind for two months. The guy is ^$%# hilarious. It should be a good correspondence. This group is one that came out of Kaneohe Bay where my dh was stationed in the early 80s...I have heard more stories about his time in and Mokes and floats--- well they are still funny and he still tells them when I ask him, too. Most are offcolor a bit so I can't relay too many to any of these Marines until I get a better sense of them...no sense in freaking them out--as far as they are concerned I am some stationwagon-driving soccermom housewife...not that they haven't probably participated in most of what Tony describes...its just probably not a mixed company thing they want to do with a stranger...

I went to a birthday party today with 3 of 4 kiddos...one wouldn't go...seems he is unhappy with is present relationship with said birthday boy and didn't want to play laser tag, have an open snack bar tab and video tokens be hanged...while I was a bit uncomfortable with having to profer some sort of explanation as to his absence..I did have to hand it to my 8 year old...he has some personal integrity--- no??? Anyway, they are all hopped up on sugar and mildly unhappy with the "okay you just had your crap ration for the weekend folks" notice they got from mom on the way home...

I have not been as productive as I would like to have been...no, I guess I wouldn't have liked to have been, but I should have been nonetheless...that trip with my parents just sucked the life right out of me for some reason. I have the weekend though...we will see how it goes.

I need to pick up papers for the coupon group, write a letter about recent vacations for a military support group (pictures by the pool, drinks with little umbrellas...not!) amd copy it 20 times...everyone does this in the group and then we each get a copy so that we have 20 unique letters to share with which ever group we are helping..pretty clever I thought...

I am tired...not bare bones tired just generically so...I really don't even have a rant, piss or moan. yuh I know ...imagine that....I am up early to go and work at the dance studio for a while in the morning...seems I trade web work etc for Jo's dance lessons...the kids have tutoring in reading and martial arts. I need to gather books and set some goals for next week...not so good at reasonable ones, but I'll aspire not to aspire!

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)