Kismit

on 14 September 2007

Kismit.

I love that word. It evokes magical, silvery stuff.

I was on a website today, by fluke actually, as I thought I had already been to this site and was deleting a double link I had made here. Anyway--I hadn't linked at all and so I was backtracking and found this great site with a plea posted today to reach out to our vets back in the states from overseas who are wounded physically and mentally.

The post was detailed I thought--- geez I am not familar with any of these acronyms...I went ahead and posted to find out what I could do one way or the other and mentioned this young man, whom another friend helping with a deployment we have through our homeschool group, had mentioned on our forums. Seems this young man is getting no mail and has lost the use of his legs.

Okay, okay-- long story short these folks on that board posted back immediately , wanting to know all his specifics. Incidentally, the note my friend gave me concerning this Lance Corporal also gave permission to post at will. In a few seconds I went from having mailed him a letter this week and feeling ineffective to finding this conclave of citizens ready to act! Who knows how many more will read his addy and send him their love and admiration.

He will be getting visitors this weekend. Amazing.

It was all so sudden and seamless-- I keep searching for more words and they don't come...what I see is silvery light and what I feel is these people's spirits wrapping around this young man.

It was kismit. This experience has reminded to speak up. It has reminded me how valuable and powerful asking a question and just wanting to help can be. This has been so kindly humbling.

LCpl Perez, Jose Ivan
7400 Merton Minter blvd
Audie Murphy VA Hospital
Spinal Cord Injury UnitD026 Bed A
San Antonio, TX 78229

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)