Ganja

on 12 September 2007

JMJ

So my dear friend gives me a sage stick so I can cleanse the house a bit. I had had a rough couple of weeks and I thought it would help.

Yesterday, she was coming over, so I wanted to use it one more time before I gave it back...I lit that puppy up and commenced with the cleansing..

Several minutes later...
Tony: Babe, what's that?
Hope: I am saging the house.
Tony: Ohhh...
Hope: Why?...as I am noticing an odor reminsicent of the smell wafting out of houses on Frat Row on particularly rowdy nights in my university days
Tony: Umm... well it smells, it smells like......pot.
Hope: It does, huh?
Tony: Maybe it will go away.
Hope: Maybe. Oh gosh.. thinking about those about to come over in a few hours... I hope so. We are have company coming over soon. I have got to go to the store. I'll be back.

I get in the car and notice that now I smell like a reefer queen myself. Damn. I go back in and find some body spray.

Spray. Spray. Spray.
Sniff. Sniff.
Damn.
Now I smell like a reefer queen who is trying to hide that fact with body spray. Screw it, I gotta go!

So now I am in the store and have rather forgotten the whole thing in the few minutes it takes me to get to the store. As an aside, I have, it seems and have passed to my children, as well, the short term memory of a gnat.

It comes back though when a man in a muscle shirt, who looks as though he is either looking for a toking buddy or already has one at the house, is grabbing a shopping cart nearby and bumps into me. We exchange those brief hellos that proximity demands and then I get THE LOOK.

Damn.
I forgot about the pot.
Well this insures that I'll meet everyone I know from the distant or near past who likes to hug hello.

Fast.
Move fast, I think.

And I do. I move through the store not like I have been smoking pot, but like I have been on some excellent non-OTC stimulant.

When I get to the check out I decide to switch lines.

This other line has fewer people.
This other line has an express limit.
This other line has...awww--- that man! There's that shopping cart guy again.

He's smiling.
He's looking into my basket with

the chips,
the cookies,
the pizza snacks,
the mixers and soda...
Uh huh
I can see it in his eyes and smile--- that "Uh huh..."

Damn.

1 comments:

Southern Sage said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaa
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
thats funny right there.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)