Making mail

on 27 September 2007

JMJ

I am making mail. Yes, making mail. I received a packet of letters from a letter swap I do with other troop supporters and I am copying them three more times so that I can have enough for all of those I support. I can't help it. I just can't leave anyone out. I don't know who the most needs to feel another human is aware of their existence and is glad they were born and so I am making mail for all of them.

I am fully aware it may mean far more to me than it does to them, but I am also congnizant that there may be some for which an envelope full of concern--of humanity---may mean a great deal. Since I can't determine which of my troops are the former and which are the latter...it's MAIL FOR EVERYONE!!

There are monks today--halfway around the world in Burma standing up for peace and being spirited away to be hurt, jailed or killed because peace is what they want. Last I saw, 100 had disappeared during demonstrations today though the numbers have been shifting. I am sure it is their intention to have an impact, but I also think that these men realize that they must stand and be witness for the world and themselves whether there is an impact or not. The act of demonstrating has quiet power and the impact of these demonstrations shifts power quietly. Like those two words each is a part of the other. These monks must feel compelled-- no matter the outcome-- to participate in life, to have expectations of life and to act on those expectations whether they share in the good product of their endeavors or not.

I am making mail tonight.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)