Lists

on 09 September 2007

JMJ

So I have been thinking that it is time to get back to lists. For staying on top of things I mean. Iused to use them all the time and a big ass calendar on the fridge I used one of those too...why do we stop doing things that are effective and sometimes seem to keep up with stuff that just puts rocks in our wagons? It's assinine and yet a fairly normal state of things for me at times...

I need lists for classes to go to and classes to hold, shopping and couponing, assignments for the kiddos and for my Marines shopping, for my homeschool group and my coupon group...IT sounds overhwelming but it isn't when I keep a list going...right now I fly by the seat of my pants and while I get things done I am feeling scattered. The week was a wild ride, mentally it kicked my ass and yet there were some bright spots.

Writing has been really helpful. I seem to be doing it all the time these days...I was in the middle of this blog and cooking at the same time...somehow dh got online and when he logged off my unfinished post went down with him...oh well...I had more time to think about what needs to happen and so for the week here I go:

1. I need to put up the curriculum I am not going to use and leave out what I am going to use.
2.Mini Packages need to go out to 1st Sgt Mike and lcpl Owen. (I get the impression 1st Sgt is a big papa bear where his grunts are concerned so I need to make sure I send him some things solo or he probably won't keep any of the stuff from the big box I am prepping.)
3. I need to file and cut coupons.
4. I need to shop and get rainchecks.
5. I need to make appointments for the dentist and the doc for the kiddos.
6. I need to file the extra coupons.
7. I need to gather stuff for the homeschool 101 meeting tuesday night.
8. I need to find Joanan's Brownie stuff.
9. I need to prep for their art museum trip on Tuesday.
10. I need to email reminders for Clip and Play.
11. I need to email the contact for our galveston bay fieldtrip.
12. I need to send off letters to the post card swap.
13. Jake wants a chapter of harry potter tonight.
14. I need to ramrod tae kwon do uniforms and snack bags and books for the boys while Jo is at scouts. They have to do it themselves, but they still need soooo much birdogging...geeeez.
15. I need to check Tiffany's work and send out links for her study hours.
16. Mis Sheila needs the catfood we collected when we pick up coupons on Tuesday.
17. I need a menu for this week...just a general idea of what is geting taken out of the deep freeze and what if anayting is still edible in the refrigerator.
18. I need to find all the library books and read the short books Jo and Matthew haven't seen yet.
19. I need to make brownies and set up a bake party for the 1/3 and 1/4 Marines.
20. I need to remind homeschool group about packages needing to go out and to sign up for whatever field trips they are interested in.
21. Joanna needs her room and closet purged and sorted.

Okay so I already feel better seeing it on a neat list...I would have liked an even number...yes, sick I know....

Onward and upward!!! Carpe diem baby!!!

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)