My bad

on 17 September 2008


We are still living in this weird post Ike bubble.
No school.
No power.
No sense of time or place...very weird and also kinda of a light bulb where milsupport is concerned.
See, when you get to know the ones you wind up close to
and you haven't heard from them in a few days
you can really start to wonder about them..

for me wonder turns into annoyance
as in
where the hell are you??!
and if your dead I'll kill you.

Several have said..."hey out here a day is a month and a month is a day."

To which I would counter especially when it seemed to be the mundane keeping them offline (read here...they forgot)

...well then you better make sure you touch base every hour with that kinda chronology then, boy.
Not really.
still I get it more
after this mess.

In retrospect I offer the time honored vernacular...

My bad.

Everything I do is in terms of handling an obstacle or a challenge of some kind related to what is ordinarily something done without a lot of thought. it's not in a timeframe.

Rote.
If you will.

Making meals,
washing clothes,
posting mail,
running errands,
cleaning closets,
cleaning the house,
even getting online takes planning and conscious thought.

You have a certain amount of time the generator is on, X number of things plugged in, gas to hunt/troubleshoot for, four kids who are dedicated to making it take four times longer than it is supposed to...sigh.


and there's the rub...
the stress of living in an unordinary way is combatted by those snatches of time where you choose not to have conscious thought...you just shut down that part of your head and go on autopilot (or risk internal combustion)...which sometimes doesnt' include touching base with folks...

Can you hear the veiled "I'm sorry"??
Good, my friendswhoIshouldhavecalledbynowbuthaven'teventhoughIknowhowitfeels.

I suck.
I promise to do better and get in touch tomorrow.

and to my across the pond...
I'm going out and getting you some really good knives, gloves and flashlights--
I had no idea how important these were close second being new socks and dry shoes...

oh yeah and another thing...

soon as the weather cools off I'm sending chocolate....lots and lots of chocolate.

1 comments:

I Smile 2 Much said...

Did you just say *chocolate*?

*giggle*

Glad you're doin' okay and that you have your generator.

Continued hugs & prayers your way, hun ; )

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)