Friday Crossfit

on 10 May 2008


This is a burpee. Go ahead...play it. You know you wanna. I should warn you though--don't let the cute name fool you. I also call it the Barfee. Today we did these, but in between each one we did a broad jump instead of the straight jump. The broad jump puts you in a squat which goes to the push up where the burpee started. It doesnt' seem like that bad of a combo, but five into 3 rounds 20-15-10 of burpees, thrusters, dead lifts and jumping lunges, it suddenly occured to me what repeatedly throwing around 140 pounds actually feels like. Size sooooo does matter here...MY size.



This is called a thruster. I used 2 twelve pound weights. Once again they take a tough exercise and add a squat to it. At first I had 65 pounds on the first round...but I was certain if I tried to do that again on the second round the bar would fall on my head and give me a lobotomy.

Incidentally, it has been over 24 hours since I have mentioned this: Squats are the bane of my existence. But they are kind of like tomato in southern Italian cuisine...you aren't going to do much Crossfit cooking without a squat.

Between the broad jump burpees and thrusters, I was positively giddy to get to dead lifts and jumping lunges.

Mostly this WOD was un-fun because there were only two of us working out and 5 trainers standing there watching me drip sweat all over the floor as ungracefully as humanly possible. The other guy was done waaaaaaaaay earlier than me. In certain circumstances and depending on where it is coming from I like attention. This wasn't one of those circumstances.

I love this program. Love it. But there are stages of childbirth that go easier than some of this stuff. No lie. Mostly, I prefer thrashing myself in obscurity as opposed to having a rapt audience at least I will until I can call myself a Crossfitter with a straight face.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)