Grilled Face Sandwich

on 13 May 2008

Monday was the kind of day that takes you by the scruff of the neck and tries to slam you up against the wall. If you are lucky on these sorts of days, you have your hands ready to brace yourself so you aren't grating your face with bricks to make your impending grilled face sandwich.

No sandwich yesterday.

I felt the brick wall coming by midday and a shout across the parking lot at Girl Scouts to a friend about any manner of Mother's Night out being not only something pleasant to do, but bordering on crazed necessity as far as I was concerned, was probably the 'hands' that saved my face--if I may go back to my bad analogy. Well that and a mind numbing workout that made me cuss, sweat, bleed and really enjoy the dinner with said friend a few hours later.

Thanks mama. I needed that.

1 comments:

PhilippinesPhil said...

Its only now that I am back at going into an office again that I even KNOW what day it is. I loved it back when it didn't matter. 1 May 2009 and I AM a SLUG again! That's all they're getting...

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)