Turns out.

on 18 May 2009

I talked to a recruiter today.

Driving home I realized it was almost 20 years to the day since I came home for the MEPS station in downtown Houston the first time I was considering OCS. Actually, at that time it was more than a consideration. One last signature and I was good to go.

Then I met my husband.

Turns out there's a waiver I can use this recruiter informs me.
Turns out I did exceptionally well on my initial tests and on paper I may qualify for OCS again.

Turns out Tony and I have some things to discuss.

8 comments:

Linda and her Twaddle said...

Oh, yes, the "husband" talk. I am sure he will be supportive of you. After all these years, I doubt he would be too surprised you want to do more with your life.

T said...

Wow girl. Just... wow.

You're amazing. I can't wait to read the rest of this story.

Travis said...

Good luck with that discussion.

Dana said...

I would NEVER go back in as enlisted, but OCS? I'd have to seriously consider that!

Southern Sage said...

go get em Sunshine!

Kat Argonza said...

OCS might be fun.

PhilippinesPhil said...

Cool beans. My brother did 8 yrs AF from 79-87 as a pharmacist tech. Last week at 48, the army reserves swore him in as a 1st Lt in the hospital corps as a pharmacist. The army is the place to go if you want to serve, you're gett'n long in the tooth, but still WILLING!

Little Grasshopper said...

So what have you decided to do mama?

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)