Rot in hell first

on 16 April 2008

I came down with cold.
and I'm sore,
of course--the sore part I like,
but I wasn't about to NOT show for the workout.

I tend to play sick little games with myself when I think I need something extrinsic to motivate myself.

In this case here was today's moto. This is Tony's old USMC boot camp tshirt.

I showed.

I showed in the Tshirt Tony said I could have as long as I brought it no shame. lol.
Sigh.
Once a jarhead always a jarhead.
Brought it no shame, huh?
Now we can't have THAT now can we?
Incidentally, aside from my dear husband/jarhead there are other Marines I know who would stand in line behind him to give me grief, if I went wienie in any garment with USMC affiliation.

We really can't have that.

The warm up was particularly brutal and unusually long. The scuttlebutt is that Wednesday is the big burn day. I would have to concur after the fact as would most of my major muscle groups.

Things I forgot:

I suck at jumping rope.

When I am pushing through something I close my eyes...not a good idea with these kinds of workouts.

How bad running into high wind can slap your backside

oh yeah and

That I had scabs on my knees when they asked me to switch from pushups from the feet to the knees. Owiee...throw in a really rugged Charley horse when the trainer said wrap your ankles around one another and the only thing that stood between me and a crying jag was the tshirt promise and having to know forever a workout made me cry.

Can you say ROT IN HELL first?

I knew you could.

7 comments:

hippyhappyhay said...

I'm a little afraid....sounds like torture....um, rather you that me!

Hope said...

Hippy--I know it sounds a little strange, but I am loving the intensity.

Anonymous said...

Aluguel de Computadores said...
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =).

Erin said...

You must tell me more about this thing. After not exercising since this moving adventure, I desperately need SOMETHING to get me kick started.

Tiffane said...

As long as there is no fever, you can exercise with a cold. You just need to wipe down well after yourself so as not to contaminate others.

Hope said...

Erin- go to Crossfit.com

They have a really comprehensive site...

Hope said...

Tiff- nothing to wipe down. It's me and the mat, step oup box or wall at this point...oh well there is a pull up bar...I forgot about that.ha

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)