Whew.....

on 19 April 2008

"License and registration, please.
Ma'am do you know how fast you were going?"

"No, Officer, I'm sorry. I don't."

"Where are you going 10 miles over the speed limit, ma'am?"


"I'm trying to make the post office before it closes."

Officer glances in the backseat at the half dozen boxes and tote bag of 2 dozen more letters. Some of the boxes are clearly marked for Marines and soldiers either with funny cartoon or moto stuff like this.

"These are going over seas?"

"Yes, sir."

"Iraq or Afghanistan?"

"Both and some to Africa."

"I see."

"You have kids there?"

"No, sir.
I'm lucky my kids are safe here. It's just to help some folks a little."

"Uh huh.
I see.
Well, Ma'am I'd like you to slow down. Can you do that?"

"Yes, sir."

"Alright then, have a nice day."

"Thank you, have a nice day yourself."

whew...

5 comments:

karen said...

sweet :o) that's good karma.

CI-Roller Dude said...

Hope,
If the cop had given you a ticket, we'd kick him out of our donut club. 10 MPH over the limit? I don't even bother until they get about 17-20 over the limit...and I got plenty of those when I did traffic enfocement.

Hope said...

Karen- lol...maybe.

Hope said...

It's a big couple of weeks near Galveston, there was highway patrol every overpass. Actually, I have noticed that they are still out pretty heavy...

PhilippinesPhil said...

Cops are mostly cool. I've been pulled over at least a half dozen times over the years and never once got a ticket. I always made sure they saw my Mil ID card and was respectful.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)