Talkin' Taji

on 02 January 2009

Insert sound of screeching brakes here.

Hey!!!

I just noticed I blew past the 500 post mark 4 posts back.

Holy hell

I can't believe I was that full of crap!



Yeah yeah
YOU did.
very. funny.

Okay so I told the kids about Taji today.

in the car

it was unplanned

The passport folks called to tell me they need more documentation.
(Incidentally, calling all mamas newly married or about to be married:
Make sure when you change your driver's license they don't use your maiden name as your middle name. Make sure, if they do, to go stand in that suck ass DMV line and make them change it. Otherwise, you have an automatic alias that will completely fuck things up when you want to travel to a hostile Third World country and make lots of money.)

Anyway so the cat kinda meowed its way out of the bag
and we talked about what it would mean.

They all seemed alright with it.

Frankly, they are at that age where our lack of money is becoming more apparent.

They get that more money means a reliable car, kitchen sink etc.
They don't get the whole braces, college, not wanting to support their no 401 K parents in old age, but there's that, too, but, no I didn't bring those factors into the equation.

Being kids, they DID immediately mull over what kind of presents they could get mom to wipe her conscious with.
Hell no.
NO ONE is getting a damn pony.

Man, they are quick little studies.
not really.

no.
really.

shrug.


it's okay.

I know I need to talk about this more.
I keep skirting the issues.

Frankly, though Tony has been very uncommunicative about the matter
and I haven't really been interested in talking about us not talking about it.

So here it is.

I'm leaving because of the two of us I am the risk taker.
If I am going to make this kind of money it's about the only way I know how...well short of prostitution.

Incidentally, even given my age, I think I would be good at that,
but that's another post to be a smartass in...

I'm leaving because, if we don't fix the god damn sink,
and get a car I don't slam my head against the door frame weekly
(heeeey.. maybe that's what's wrong with me.)

if we don't put some money away for four children in college starting in six years
if I don't get some semblance of a resume back in order
if I don't go out and light some fires and kick some tires

I fairly certain I will go just about galactically batshit crazy.
which is like batshit crazy,
but involves
divorce attorneys,
therapy
and or
heavy drinking.

and well

I really don't want a divorce.
What a pain in the ass.
My IRL friends will scrutinize this line and think
hmmm she didn't mention loving Tony.
I love him, alright?
gheesh.

Therapy might pick at scabs better left to heal on their own.

and heavy drin--
oh wait.

Let's leave heavy drinking out of this.
Shall we?

12 comments:

Jay said...

Uh ... I've already been drinking tonight. So, you can leave heavy drinking out of it if you want. But I'm kind of committed.

I think you have legitimate reasons for going. It's an opportunity for you and your family to do better. Seems like a good thing to me.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you no matter what Hopie...who do you think my "take the Tiger by the tail and whale on his ass" model was in our youth (etc!) anyway??? *grin* Just count me in your asset column...

Sis

Linda and her Twaddle said...

I would be doing the same thing if it needed doing. Poverty sucks and if you can avoid it then you should follow that road. It is all good. You will do well.

PhilippinesPhil said...

Wow, its not ALL about money is it? I'm thinking no.

You, good at prostitution? Hell yeah you would. All my best wives used to be prostitutes!

Your boys will be good to go; you got the internet to stay on top of 'em, and giving them a little leeway will put some grit in 'em as well.

And yes, divorce sucks and for lots of reasons. You are smart to avoid it if you can. Key phrase that, "IF you can!"

Ron said...

Hi Hope!

HAPPY BELATED CHRISTMAS and NEW YEAR!

Wow...how AWESOME to be moving to Taji! Hey...I'm all FOR change and new experiences. Think of all the great stuff you'll be sharing on your blog!!

Congrats on your 500 post mark!

BRAVA!

Enjoy your weekend!

Wow, that was awkward said...

Good thing you finally told the kids. Time to take this thing head-on isn't it? The clock is ticking...

Fu Manchu Dad said...

Hiya Hope!!
Glad to have found you again. Good to hear that you've got some upcoming adventures. F**king Iraq!?! That is going to be huge. I have added you so that I can keep coming back. I love your writing style and I hope it serves you well as you document your days in Iraq. I'll keep backtracking through the blog to figure out all this stuff about Iraq and what you're going to do.
Glad you're still out there.
FMD

Chunks of Reality said...

Hiya, Hope! When is the big day of departure for you? Will you be able to blog like you do now? If not, I will certainly miss you.

Hope said...

Jay--you crack me up!

Thank you, sister!

Linda--I agree. We'll see if things go as planned.

Phil--Of course not, but I think that was rhetorical wasn't it?

Ron--Hi! Enjoy your month off you lucky dog!!

Wow--no still have about seven weeks...we're good at this point.

FMD- Hey!! went over for a visit and got your link up. Thanks for the Eject Eject Eject link!

Chunks--end of feb. And yes, I will be blogging!

Southern Sage said...

Goooooooood luck!!

mnwhr said...

You do what you have to do, I hope they apppreciate how big a deal this is for you to do this.

Anonymous said...

What i don't realize is in fact how you're no longer actually a lot
more smartly-preferred than you may be now. You're very intelligent. You already know therefore significantly with regards to this matter, produced me personally believe it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men are not involved except it is something to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your individual stuffs nice. Always handle it up!

Feel free to visit my page - weightloss drops

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)