Well.

I finally got it.
Lisa almost had a stroke thinking she was going to have to sneak me onboard the ship in a duffel and I almost had one just on general principle.


"You're fine.
You're not fine.
Come and get it.
No wait.
It's not here, yet.
The courier mailed it yesterday.
We'll call you."
Those people don't know how close they came to being on CNN and witnesses to multiple felonies or victims of them.
As it is:
We drove in, Lisa went with me as extra muscle,
her husband shuddering at the geopolitical implications of a Hope/Lisa combo provoked to the nth degree.
I'd say I'm absolutely giddy, but it would come out "GIBBY".
Seems a lack of sleep and a school full snot slingers has Hope crushed at the moment.
and well-
obnoxioufied her enough to be making third person references.
Just smack me.
So I sit here taking a short break,
writing lesson plans for tomorrow
'cause I am pretty sure once I stop moving
no law of physical science will apply to me.
Like my cup?
It's Boynton.
I know.
Very eighties.
I'm taking the cup to Iraq with my whoop, but right now I'm using it to suck down green tea and slam meds.
I'm still in my school clothes and took a hoodie out of the PTA closet...
herringbone and jersey gray very chic.
'Course the janitor just came in to a woman
hunched over her keyboard,
muttering a bit ,
hoodie up,
spiderman blanket swiped from the nurses office swathing her legs
and slowly backed out of my classroom.
I know.
Ordinarily I wouldn't touch this blanket either,
but I'm delirious from chills
and so have blocked out the cootie meter that started spinning in my head as soon as I laid it in my lap.
I promised a pimp tonight and I have several.
I'm picking those types who hate too much attention or at least outwardly espouse hating it. Read all of them and you'll see who's who.
CI Roller Dude, Sgt. Grumpy, Lt. Nixon and a new, but great favorite the Cunning Linguist at Much Ado About Nothing.
The first three are milblogs though Lt. Nix is back from the Sandbox. Go there for satire, straight talk and the ridiculous. He's good people.
So is Roller Dude and I have a soft spot for him since he was one of the first milbloggers I got to know. He helped me figure out milsupport and interpret email from the erascible. He can craft a great story and has so many experiences I recommend just starting at the beginning and getting your read on if you are interested in the war in Iraq or Bosnia.
Now Sgt. Grumpy, he doesn't post so much anymore, but he is another one of those 1st person account blogs that offered frank, candid observations about Iraq. He's home now recovering from an injury and enjoying his family. I think we should all go over and demand he move his keester and write again, but that's just me.
Lastly, we have Cunni.
He is ,
well...I won't try to explain.
Seriously, it's a waste of time.
But his writing voice is pure and crazy and deranged
Don't worry.
He will take all these adjectives as a compliment
and prolly add a few of his own.
He's thorough that way.
Okay I need to go make more hot tea
and finish these report cards
and get next week's work lined up
and
ack.
get outta here.
sooooooooooooooo sick.

But the break was good.
My brain was fried again.
Now it's just kinda poached.
My return button is messed up.
Can't seem to fix it.
But then.
I'm a bit altered from cold medicine so I really shouldn't lay blame.
I mean.
I will.
But I prolly shouldn't.

6 comments:

Little Grasshopper said...

Sounds like everything worked out in the nick of time. Yeah! Enjoy your cruise and please post some pics when you get back. How many days will you be out? Your IRL friend LG.

Hubman said...

Glad the passport issue was resolved without violence! Have fun on your trip!

You know why your return button is messed up? Because you use it TOO DAMN MUCH!!! HAHAHA

Jay said...

Glad that passport thing is finally cleared up! Have a good time on the cruise.

Cunning_Linguist said...

awwwww, lookit that. I was Hope's little ho and she pimped me out. I feel all pretty and special now, lol. Does this mean I can sleep in the bed tonight big momma" bwaaa ha ha ha ha ha.

Happy about the passport. Would hate to have a post that you went all passport postal on somebody.

Hope said...

LG-I'll try to take pictures I'm not ashamed to post!!haha

Hubman--Haaaaaaaaaaa...very funny!

Jay--Thanks guy. Be good while I'm gone!

Cunni--Hey hey nobody said anything about the big bed, boy. Watch it!

Travis said...

Hurrah for a happy ending to the passport saga! Now go on your cruise and relax.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)