Sigh

on 06 January 2009

I'm tired,
but not relaxed enough to sleep.

The passport issue came back and bit me, but I think I returned the nip.
I hate to say where I stand on it because currently,
the situation seems intent on making a liar out of me.

I'm freakishly unable to get focused on this cruise, my first.
I should be giddy about it by now.
I really do look forward to it and to getting ready for Taji when I come back...
I mean what a way to wile away the time.
I have expected capitulation on Tony's part.
He would realize what five days alone with his unbelievably sexy wife really meant
and beg my friend to step aside.
Alas.
Nope.
Well I just hope I don't need to be rolled off the ship from bellying up to the buffets.
No way.
I heard they have some good gyms on those ships and rockclimbing.

I have more in my head,
but it's like trying to smack ketchup out of a vacuum locked bottle.
All it's doing is making my palm red from smacking.

Told my principal what was up on Sunday and he was very good about it.
For Christmas he gave me a book and a card expressing what a blessing I was to him.
I completely cringed thinking about the upcoming
"hey guess what I'm going to Iraq and you need to hire someone midyear" conversation.
"A blessing to him and to the school"...ack...
Yeah just let me dig this dull, rusty table knife outta my belly...hold on though...I need to twist it around a little, first.

Man I'm a downer tonight.

I better hit it and come back at this tomorrow.

Hope out.

8 comments:

Wreggie said...

Relax...enjoy. You made me go locate my passport.

All is well and I will use it in 4 weeks and days.

Wow, that was awkward said...

*smacking the back of hope's head

thewishfulwriter said...

Keeping my fingers crossed it will all work out! Breathe. slowly.

Fu Manchu Dad said...

It's the secret, drained kinda feeling you get without knowing it's happening. Caused by the surpressed excitement of an upcoming event. If I get you right, there's a 3rd wheel coming along on the trip? If I were you, I'd ask the friend to step aside. Your husband will thank you, even if he doesn't know it yet. Your principal's eventual disappoinment will soon to admiration at your courage.
You'll get past it. You know you will.
FMD

Little Grasshopper said...

Nope FMD she is set to head out with a girlfriend on the cruise. I had to look for it....Its in bad blogger, bad blogger.....

Little Grasshopper said...

Hope, I am sure it will all work out like it is supposed to.

Rolando said...

Are you feeling better today? :)

PhilippinesPhil said...

I keep a copy of my passport on me, or in my wallet, all the time; got to when you live permanently overseas. Hey Hope, what countries have you visited so far? Do you have much time in the Third World?

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)