Squish

on 29 January 2009

I've been a bad blogger.

All caught up in my own crap and not really getting around to all my favorites. I've been working on that.
I gotta say, not working and no kids at home is WEIRD.
Being in this holding pattern???
Equally weird.
Like that time between Christmas and getting your ass back to winter.
A sort of warpy place.
Don't get me wrong...I'm completely excited about going and doing this job, but that is the extent of it.

I don't think about IT right now--well I do, but then I squish the thought like a bug.
I want to go bad. squish
I didn't know how bad.

well--I knew,
but after training this weekend.

I really KNOW.
You know?
sigh.


so I am now on squish mode when it comes to Taji.
Taji--squish.
shopping for Taji-squish
should I check email for a contract??--no, too early...--squish squish

make doc and dental appts for kiddos, preshop laptops, boots, polarized glasses, gather party paraphenalia for all the birthday and communion events I will miss while I am gone and know Tony won't go get???
squish squish squish
I came back from San Antonio
--learned about flak jackets and how to enter an Iraqi household
--even picked up a few choice words in Arabic to liven up the lesson cycle.
--made a mental note not to travel with more than a leather backpack if I do go---oop...squish.
So no, I am doing nothing.
I should be, but I'm not.
I'm getting up,
helping get the kids ready for Crazy Sock Day or Hat Day or whatever day this Catholic school week is,
and vacillating between eating clean and gorging on Oreos and milk or nachos.
So.
Hell yes, I'm still in my pajamas.

Hell yes, I had this with my oreo/nacho lunch.
Hmmm.. I wonder what there is to drink in---squish!!!

8 comments:

mnwhr said...

Ah, a lunch truly fit for a queen! Enjoy the semi-down time, sleep can be your friend.

Hubman said...

PJ's in the afternoon? Must be nice!

What's a bad blogger? Seriously...

CI-Roller Dude said...

I find that things to shop for for Iraq are:
Sun Screen,
Good coffee and a grinder
Anything that will violated general order #1 (the no fun order)
Clothes to wear to work on your tan
(but don't forget item #1)
Lots of DVDs to play when you get bored hanging out at the MWR bulding/tent

And...don't carry all this shit, but mail it to yourself just before you leave....you'll get there long before the mail.

Little Grasshopper said...

You can squish THIS thought right after you answer. man I need sleep I guess.

Little Grasshopper said...

When is the departure date again? You can squish then right after you answer. =) We are going to miss you!!!!

PhilippinesPhil said...

All I can remember is shukran and salaam alekum, alekum salaam. Getting short eh, you hope? Its going to be cool I think.

Travis said...

Have the nachos. You'll feel better.

Hope said...

mnwhr--i'm testing that theory today...lol

hubman--it IS. lol

CI- I'll need a longer list from you soon, I hope. but I'll only take coffee for bribery purposes...lol

LG--supposed to be there 23 Feb.

Phil--that must be it...getting short some I'm antsy. xo

Trav- I need, you were right.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)