Some news from Afghanistan

on 16 July 2008

I should have posted earlier, but I just wasn't up to it.
As some of you may know by now, I run a military project which sends items overseas to our service members in Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa and out on float.

Most of the last few days I have been pulling my hair out waiting to see if any of the 9 dead in the remote Kunar Province of Afghanistan are of the 10 forward air observers attached to outposts in that remote area I deal with directly. These men, mine are in 2/503rd Battle and Chosen companies, have put in a long and deadly tour which is due to end in the next two weeks. Sadly, nine men from Chosen company died and fourteen were wounded. Please offer a prayer or light a candle to all those who are awaiting the return of their loved ones both alive and dead. I cannot begin to fathom what their families are going through right now. For an idea of where these sky soldiers are and what they see, hit it here.

More info you can find over at Tankerbabe's blog. She has links to the news stories just under these first two posts...

4 comments:

thewishfulwriter said...

Hi Hope, I've been a bit of an absent blog reader lately - I will be offering many prayers for the fallen and wounded. What you do and what you offer is such a gift. Thank you for doing your part to make soldiers know they are loved and appreciated.

tankerbabe said...

Well Hope. As much as we hated hearing the news that any of our beloved military personnel had died we tried to pray it wasn't our beloved Sky Soldiers. My heart is just breaking for the families and their fellow Soldiers. Many prayers being said from here.

Godspeed Sky Angels. Rest in Peace.

Hope said...

thank you wishful, glad to see you!

tankerbabe--how are u holding up?

LanaTron said...

Sending up a prayer here...

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)