July Update

on 24 July 2008

It's seemed kinda vague, lately. A long lately...kinda untethered if

you will.

I know it is showing up on my posts, too.


It's a good thing it's my freaking blog so the only one busting my ass about it is me...well...maybe that's the bad thing...dunno.


so


Update


Crossfit
Still loving this program.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday....always three high points of my week.

You sweat, get scuffed up and loose your lunchs ometimes...well...I loose my lunch--that's just me. Maybe I'm exorcising demons or something-- who the hell knows?


Shaun picked up his brown belt this night.


Milsupport


Several of my milfolks are coming home.


Shaun and his shop are headed back to North Carolina.


Jesse, near Fallujah only has a little while as well...he and his bride are planning a nice long vacation.


Some of my Afghanistan folks were wounded, but at this writing should be home or getting on helicopters to go to Bagram Airbase from their little private corner of hell in the Korengal Valley. They lost a lot of men on this deployment...nine just two weeks before they were due home, fourteen injured.


We joined the Y.


I can't drive to Houston everyday to get to the Crossfit gym so I thought on non Crossfit days I'd see what kind of mess I could get myself into there...we don't' have to pay much at all since the Y is sliding scale. whew. That pool is turning into a momma sanity preserver.
Anniversary

My 16th anniversary came and went.


I forgot until about thirty minutes before Tony came home and he bought a card that he kept forgetting to give me until he came home. We had an offer of babysitting and a night out with friends, but the man wasn't feeling it so I went out without him. It was a weird night.


Though then and since then I and one friend, Lisa, have discovered some good places for live music and so it wasn't all for naught.

Salads
I have become the master salad maker...this one is turkey, endive, spinach, avocado with balsamic and organic tomatoes...Yesterday was a chicken with walnuts, green apples, avocado and lime juice. Yum.I could go on, but well who cares that much about hearing about salads right? grin.

Okay, I've blathered on enough. Hope everyone is doing okay.

3 comments:

tankerbabe said...

All of the wounded are doing well. Planes keep leaving Afghanistan every day and landing in Italy and Germany. THANK GOD!

Tiffane said...

Let us know when we can meet you at the Y.

Hope said...

thanks for the update, L!

i sent you an email, Tiff.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)