The call.

on 10 July 2008

Honey,

You have to let this go.

You have taken it apart in your mind,
gone over it any number of ways.
It's beginning to affect our
marriage,
routine
and mental health.

You've been clenching your jaw at night again did you know that?

You can keep working at it, if you want to
but you and I both know it's no use.

It's over.

It
just
is.

Honey.
There's no use denying it anymore.

You know it.
I know it.

We have to face the truth:
We
have
to
call
the
plumber!!!

The
&$#%
plumber!!!!!

Okay?
You get me?

For the love of God
and everything holy
and
Before I kill you and have to make it look like an accident.

We. have. to. call. the. plumber.
Understand?
Are you hearing the words coming out of my mouth?
cause hell
I'll sign it
sing it
act it out
pound it out in braille even.

Whatever it takes.

P_L_U_M_B_E_R
Say it with me now.
P_L_U_M_B_E_R

Besides.
Look at it like this:
It'll be cheaper than a felony conviction and you might even get sex out of it.

Well--I don't know though.

At this point, I'm pretty pissed.

I mean.

I knew that we would have put a call in last week.

Before you

checked all the seals
snaked the line
and plunged like you were rotorooting a sperm whale's blow hole
for a solid week.

I knew we would have to call the plumber before you fell into this pissy assed mood only a house full of perimenopausal women could fully appreciate.

I knew.

Now I'm pissed.

Just think of all the
aggravation
frustration
irritation
agitation

which could have been avoided

and then there's whatever crap you were going through.

I'm cooked boy.
Tomorrow I'm making a call.

Tomorrow I'm calling the f-ing plumber
and
now I'm mad
because
it's gonna cost us the same amount of money it would have cost us last week when I wasn't.

GRRRRRRRRRR.

Your Wife,

your very pissed off significant other who is nowhere near in the mood for anymore of your or anyone else's crap at this point.

6 comments:

Linda and her Twaddle said...

You know, what is it with guys? They think they can do it all!!! Of course it never gets done on time, or properly but that is fine because they saved money! It took my husband THREE YEARS to put the manhole cover back over the manhole in the ceiling (into which all the heat disappeared). THREE YEARS to bring a ladder in from outside, step up and do it. Oh, thinking about how easy it was, I should have done it myself. How silly of me.

Michael said...

B!tch all you want, but you can't handle life without us. Just think how boring life would be...I'm with the man on this one...of course :-)

Little Grasshopper said...

I got lucky on this one...my hubby contracts all of the household repairs out. =)

Hope said...

linda- if you figure it out..you HAVE to get back to me K?

Michael- don't mess with me, boy...

Sarah- see? the hubs has something on tony. He needs to hang it over his head.

Tiffane said...

It only took your husband a week to come around? That's not so bad for a man. I'm sure we could trade stories.

Hope said...

tiff--he never came around I had to drag him by the scruff of the neck.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)