Job hunting

on 27 July 2008

So I have spent the last few days looking for a job.

I thought about taking one with KBR as an MWR Morale Welfare Recreation coordinator overseas, working as a land agent or as an insurance adjuster-- all very lucrative,e but not conducive to motherhood, though I suspect that I'm not doing a particularly good job in that department anyway so a break from Mom might not have been such a bad idea, but I digress.

Anyway...so what I have come up with is a job at a sports bar.
I can
work at night and on weekends,
I don't have to sit still
and I don't need a porkchop tied around me neck
so folks will play with me.

There you have it.
I'm taking
my $80,000 education,
stellar personality,
razor sharp mind,
and moving from wiping toddler ass at night to wiping tables...It just keeps getting better and better around here.

5 comments:

Peggy Sez.. said...

Ahh yes ...But toddlers asses don't come with tips.

hippyhappyhay said...

I worked at Subway woman!

(And I freakin' loved it!)

thewishfulwriter said...

I'm job hunting myself and it isn't my most favorite thing to do. It's actually pretty stressful. I'm very particular when it comes to jobs and I can't really afford to be. I try to play head games with myself...in an attempt to think of my search as exciting and "who knows where it could lead!" i clearly need a new plan.

or i need to win the lottery.

good luck with your search!

Hope said...

peg--true true...I bet I still wind up cleaning up barf though...

Hippy--hey it's all good...sorta--I mean for me. :)

WW--good luck mama. you'll find something great I bet!

LanaTron said...

Right there with ya, mama. We hear from Luby's either today or tomorrow, and depending on how that comes out, I'm headed to apply at...the grocery? *SIGH*

Funny, though, how wiping tables out side your own home has societal value--meaning you get paid for it--but caring for your toddler doesn't. Which is truly more valuable to society?

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)