Under the same moon.

on 25 October 2007

Warning...
The week and all it entailed has left me hormonally challenged at the moment and capable of breaking out into Air Supply songs with little to no provocation.

The light gently knocked me over as I walked out into the yard a little while ago. The moon is so bright you could almost moonbathe. A night like this or a gorgeous dawn or dusk horizon...these are three things fully able to pull my mind out of the the mundane and slap me around a little.

See, I was working on Halloween costumes and lost track of time this afternoon. When I went into the house it was light and when I came out it was moonlit. Ordinarily I like loosing track of time like this. I feel like I am out in the universe without a hallpass or with Potter's invisibility cloak. Anytime I am making or creating I go to this timeless place--I really do like it. I forget that it even exists until I come out of it and realize this is where I was to begin with--I feel the same way I do when I wake from a decent dream and I want to head back in--a little dejected to return to a normal state (yeah... yeah--- allow me some latitude on the definition of my normal here..)

As an aside, I need to quit worrying about stuff I can't help or reach. Though I am all about knowledge not imparting behavior, I can't actually get comfortable with the fact. Ever wonder why we always lament that one lost sheep when we have the other 99 in the pasture? I can worry a lost sheep to death. Jesus could be getting born and I'd be the sheperd telling the angel to hold on a second cause I can't find my damn sheep. It's a gift.

The full moon really must corollate to a restless, wound up state. It's where I have been for the last few days.

A man from Egypt sent me an email the other day that implored me to look at his part of the world as a place that is also peaceful. A mama in Britain related her struggles with an abusive husband and all she has endured and triumphed over. A quilter in Canada sent me tips on working with my kids on their first quilt and a compliment on how much she enjoyed reading my blog. Another man told me thanks for telling him how beautiful his pictures were. Still another young soldier wondered if all his efforts in Iraq were for naught--his leave had brought him a renewed love for what he had and a sense of disquiet with those here who he protects. I have heard this a lot this week in one way or another from the warriors I support and it bothers me that maybe I cannot impress upon them how important their hearts and minds are. Just like my friends and family's. I think of people like this when I looked at the moon tonight---the same moon they look at.

We all struggle, relate, stumble and triumph under the same moon.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)