Drive

on 05 October 2007


I was out for a late drive tonight. There is this place I like to go out on a dike in Texas City, a nearby town. It juts out into Galveston Bay. In the photo the dike is like a thin line in the upper right hand corner. I really need to go out again soon and do some true night shots...Anyway..the night was extra dark, but the lights on the Bay from Galveston and Bolivar sat lovely without competition from the moon.
I am wiped, but sleepless. Another day waits tapping its foot impatiently for me, but if I could get back in that car and drive I would. I would just drive. It's my favorite thing to do sometimes.

I used to have this 67 Chevelle in highschool that was a monster. I loved it. My pop put a governor on it so I wasn't going 100 mph with my hair on fire... which of course I promptly learned to take off before school in a Dairy Mart parking lot each day and to put back on in a bank parking lot before I got home...teach him to make us learn all that car crap just because he never had boys...served him right... although that car did singe my hair... a little.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)