CJ at A Soldier's Perspective , a fellow blogger and Army 1st Sgt currently stateside in body, but mostly boots on the ground in mind when it comes to his brothers, was given 100 pounds of coffee from the venerable Starbucks. He'd like to get it out, but coffers are low on his end. This generous donation was something he hadn't expected.

While I'd like to give him the money outright, coffers are low on Letters to Leathernecks as well...we have a few things sitting here at the house that need to go out as well, but I did throw in a few bucks of personal money and hope some of you will head over and hit his PayPal button, too.

He's asking for five bucks and I'm thinking that really isn't that big of a deal for anyone. Anyone who has bought a value meal at the drive through has probably spent a little more with far less impact other than the fat and carbs in said value meal to ones backside. Hell, yes, I'm speaking from experience.

So what are you still doing here? Gooooooo. Help that soldier out.

Tell him in comments Hope sent you and get in on the automatic raffle for some cool things, like a signed book from Gary Trudeau.

Go do it, cause if you were dug in on some crappy outpost far from home, your family, the net, decent food and a comfortable bed with assholes waiting in the mountains near your house to blow your head off, you'd be ecstatic to get something so familiar from home. You'd be comforted to know that people here give a rat's ass about you and yours in the suck.

Link this if you don't do anything else. Okay? Okay! :)
Thanks. xox- Hope

P.S.
Come back tomorrow.
I have some news about a surgeon in Afghanistan.
He needs your help, too.

2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I did as I was told and went over and made a donation.

Unknown said...

Hope,

Nice work on the new blog! Been busy here trying to get these Marines on there way with Happy CO's and clear hand reciepts...My aplogizes on the late coffer kicker...I was thinking if you got any guys in Afgan trapsing about and there unit needs gear (like lighter litters or anything like that for the unit) I might beable to kick alittle more in... I am tossing a few offers around this next week and I think if I get in with the one company I really want I may be lucky enough to help in amore direct way...Anyways amazing job as always and let me know if you need anything I am alway here to help just need a kick in head to remind me every now and then!

Smitty

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)