Runnin' and Gunnin'

on 10 June 2009

I'm still working on resetting this blog. The idea is to run both types of post milsupport and regular HR on one site. We'll see how that goes.

At the moment I am trying to eat a salad, deafen my ears to the shrieks of children who are watching Discovery Channel series called 'A Haunting' from under the covers.

"What happened?!
What happened??!
Did you see it?!
Move over!
You're squishing me!
It's your turn to look!

Is not!

Is, too!

What happened!?

Omigosh!!!

Did you SEE that?!

NO.WAY!!!"
For the love of God and everything holy, somebody LOOK already, I'm trying to work!!!
and I'm wondering if I said yes or no to my oldest when he came in here asking for...what was he asking for?? ice cream I think. Geez. I wonder how much he ate?

hmmm wonder if I should eat some...I'll have to come back to that.

Where was I?

I was formatting an article.
That's right.
Trying to load it on a site.

On Tuesdays, I contribute to a blog called War on Terror News. Don't let the name frighten you off. On this blog we crawl public access news sources and put them onto one platform so people that want to objectively inform themselves, can. Every once in a while the owner will write an editorial, but his philosophy is one that allows for multiple opinions.

I don't know much more about him than his first name and I'm told that is more than most. I do know he is highly dedicated to bringing news from Afghanistan and Iraqi (among other places) to the public and making it easier for people to make up their own minds about our part in the Global War on Terror. Given that, I give him a day a week and dig for articles on various sites.

As for the donations and mailing, I have been REALLY busy packing and gathering supplies. I'm double posting today and will put up pics of what I have on hand going out.

Things that are already out, some anyway you can see Mike holding in his post about mail. Heehee...when he opens that big box with Samurai Jack all over it, those two pillows I used my entire body weight to shove inside, will come flying out of that box at a a high rate of speed I expect. Little Guy had a blast watching mom insert the aforementioned pillows and then used forty pounds of tape to laminate cartoon characters all over it. Can't have enough of those, he thinks.

So let's see prior to deciding to offer some way of accounting for where the donations have gone; movies, Monster Milk, freezer pops, and what else? brownies! Can't forget THOSE...as well all manner of other snacks, clothing and gadgets have been making the beaten path between Texas and Al Asad.

I have been job interviewing these last few days and schlepping children everywhere between the rest of the time left. I have some stories--oh man, but they'll have to wait until I get this big push of mail out.

Come back today and I'll have pictures of the "push" up.
Children need lunch and I have forms to fill out for some of their classes, a mail run to make and insurance and thank you notes to address. ack.

heehee. I keep thinking of Hammy in that movie Over the Hedge. The animals call the hedge "Steve" and are overwhelmed by the size...Hammy, the squirrel takes one look zips down comes back and exclaims, "It never ends!" Then he takes off down the other side and tears back again and says "It never ends that way, too!"

I am Hammy.
Hammy is cool.




DOH. Comments when was the last time I answered comments?
rats.
need to go do that, too...

9 comments:

T said...

You're burning the candle at both ends, Hope. Hang in there.

Thanks for all that you do.

Hope said...

It kinda does huh? lol

It's okay. I'm better under pressure.

Chunks of Reality said...

Hello!! :)

I think it's wonderful what you are doing for the troops. *hugs*

How are you doing? I hope well. I have missed you.

coffeypot said...

I was wondering how you find the time to do all you do. I asumed you tied the kids up and put them in the closet until dinner time.

That big brown box under your box in Mike picture is the one I sent with the MM. He e-mailed me back and said the two MM's would last until July. I'll send him more (especially the underwear flavored one) around the 1st of July. I'll keep him supplied for the duration. That should free up some of your money for other stuff. But you don't have to list me on your support roll.

Hope said...

Hey CoR! Long time no see! lol...how have you been? I've been....busy. lol..even my blogroll isn't up to date. Hope your new job is still going well..

Coffey_ You taking care of his Mike's MM is great. I know he is eating better this deployment, but I think the stress in a lot of respoects is higher and the supplement keeps him from dropping too much wt. I'm keeping a close eye on pictures he sends anyway. ha. I won't argue with you about support roles. You'll go on it with the rest of them so don't make me come over there. xo

Red said...

Wow, Hope! With all of this going on when do you have time to breathe? ;)

Hope said...

**slapping forehead**

Breathing!

That's right...I need to write that down.

Travis said...

Just double check the safety harness every once in awhile. Make sure everything is securely fastened.

PhilippinesPhil said...

I never go anywhere without my earplugs or my mp3 music player. Comes in handy when I want to keep my sanity in and the noise out.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)