Appaloosa

on 14 March 2009



This is the third day of cold rain and gray skies.
I'm about over it.
Over it I tell ya!
The sun better be out tomorrow or I'll have to get nasty.

I worked on a new blog for a friend of mine, caught up on some of your lovely blog posts and email, put off writing my blogpost, never got out of my pajamas and fuzzy socks, dragged my woobie around all day, ate crap and watched Appaloosa.

Sigh.

Two of my favorite actors are in that movie.
Ed Harris and Viggio Mortensen.
Next to Last of the Mohicans and Tombstone,
this may be my third favorite movie of all time.
It's a movie about the frailties of the human spirit and the strengths as well.
Loyalty
Integrity
Friendship
and like any self respecting Western it has the cowboy riding off into the sunset at the end.

I mean really.

What's not to love?
'Sides that 8 gauge Viggio is packin'?

5 comments:

Fu Manchu Dad said...

Nothin' better than lounging in your comfy clothes watching good flicks. I'm gonna have to see Appaloosa. I likes me a good western. Ed Harris is a dead ringer for my dad (especially as he looked in the movie "Radio") and, more than looking like him, Ed has lots of the same mannerisms as my dad did. Think it'll be on the agenda for my Sunday.
Take care,
FMD

Travis said...

I've been meaning to catch this movie. I love a good western and this looks to be a good one.

Hope said...

FMD- I haven't seen Radio all the way through...I may have a go at that. Looks like another day of alternating laying around in bed and poking around on the computer. Have a good SUnday!

Trav- I can see how some might not like this movie, but as far as I'm concerned I like how the human condition was offered up in a very believable way. That Vig or Ed were always in a scene didn't hurt either.;)

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Whoa now ... what's up with you checking out Viggio's 8 gauge??!?!?!

Aren't you married?!??!?!?!

~S~

Hope said...

Hey boy, I can look and touch that 8 gauge, if I wannu!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)