East End

on 18 June 2008

I like to steal away here to the east end of the island sometimes.

This place is the only place within a reasonable distance from my house which allows for sun on the water at morning and at evening.
At dawn you can see it rise above the Gulf and at twilight it sets on the Bay.
This bridge takes you to a small strip of beach where I took these pictures. The lights you see in some of the backgrounds come from the ferries taking drivers across the Bay to Bolivar Peninsula.
At this time of day it's generally vacant of tourists, actually the west end is more popular in general--so it's still and tranquil.
Only the sound of the waves, the wind and the gulls fill the air with a kind of Nature's silence.
Nearby is a trail you can run or tidepools you can sit by when the tide is right.
I love mountains, the forests-- the desert even, but a new sun raising up out of the water or an old one moving onto the next part of the world is the main reason I'd rather have my hearing taken than my sight.

1 comments:

PhilippinesPhil said...

I like sunrises too, but I'm never awake to see 'em.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)